My idea was that wearing those scarves would help me to get through February, because winter feels long in February. There were 19 school days that year and I just happened to have 19 scarves. Here it is, four years later and I now own 28 scarves! So, I decided to wear my scarves for 28 school days in a row. I began in January and just finished today.
Here are some things I learned:
1. I am not very creative when it comes to what to wear with my scarves. I wore mostly dress pants, a t-shirt and a cardigan sweater.
2. This class of second graders owned less scarves than my class did four years ago. I had very few students join me in my scarf-wearing endeavor this time.
3. I have some super thoughtful, generous friends and family members who have given me some beautiful, fun, unique scarves that are super special to me!
4. Scarves can be very hot! We had some warm days in February and I had to shed my scarf more than one afternoon as the sun poured into my classroom. It was a good problem.
5. Blue continues to be my favorite color. Just look at the photos. You'll understand.
6. Our camera timer and camera stand are very useful when one needs to take a photo of oneself every single day for 28 days! Enjoy the scarf fashion show! Happy Spring!
|My giraffe scarf from my friend, Becky (day 1)|
|Madi and me on day 1|
|My giraffe print scarf (day 2)|
|Charlotte and Stella on day 2|
|Henry on day 2|
|My colorful scarf from my friend, Julie (day 3)|
|Julie and I at a Paint Nite|
|My circle scarf from my friend, Angie (day 4)|
|My tie-die scarf from my friend, Amy (day 5)|
|My colorful flowery scarf I bought with my cousin, Kia (day 6)|
|My green colorful scarf from my friend, Julie (day 7)|
|My black flower scarf from Europe (day 8)|
|My scarf from Thailand, a gift from my sister, Kimberly (day 9)|
|My blue pom-pom scarf from my friend, Amy (day 10)|
|My green Eddie Bauer scarf from my friend, LuAnn (day 11)|
|My blue infinity scarf from my daughter-in-law, Jaimee (day 12)|
|My blue scarf with music notes on it was a gift from a student, Lacey (day 13)|
|Pink T-Shirt Day at school came along and I found the perfect scarf to match (day 14)|
|This blue scarf is from my friend, LuAnn (day 15)|
|This scarf from Spain is from my friend, Angie (day 16)|
|This grey and black scarf is from my friend, LuAnn (day 17)|
|This cute blue scarf was a gift from my student, Gabby (day 18)|
|I bought this scarf on a shopping trip with my friend, Amy (day 19)|
|This sparkly, purple scarf is from my friend, Stephanie (day 20)|
|This hand-painted silk scarf was a gift from a host mom in Germany (day 21)|
|This infinity scarf was from my friend, Angie for my 40th birthday (day 22)|
|Day 22 with my student, Charlotte.|
|This scarf, made by my friend Janet got the most compliments of the whole 28 days (day 23)|
|Sadie and me on day 23|
|I bought this blue scarf in Europe in 1996 (day 24)|
|This scarf is also from my European adventure in 1996 (day 25)|
|Angie got this Pashmina scarf for me in London (day 26)|
|This blue scarf is from my friend, Shawrene (day 27)|
|My last scarf belonged to my Grandma Alber (day 28)|
And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed my scarf fashion show. Spring is on it's way! Blessings!