Saturday, November 24, 2012

How to Make M & M wreaths

A completed M & M Wreath

1st:  bend and cut a hanger...

2nd:  Get Todd to weld the cut hanger closed...

3rd:  Cut pipe cleaners into about 2 inch pieces...

Fun and colorful...

Making wreaths involves jobs for everyone...

Drew loved his job...
Drew and Ben counted out 15 M & Ms....

Patty cut the plastic wrap into squares...
 
 
We wrapped the M & Ms in the plastic and used the pipe cleaners to close them and attach them to the hangers...

Kimberly is holding up a partially completed wreath...



Yum!  A completed wreath.....
 
 
We made one for each family:  The Breuns, The Hensens, The Iversons, and the Sapps...
You may be wondering what makes these M & M wreaths special.... Well, my Grandma and Grandpa Alber always had one of these at their house when we would visit over Christmas vacation.  All of my cousins and siblings fondly remember that we could have one baggie of M & Ms a day.  What a treat!  My Grandma's friend was the one who made them each year.  So, at Thanksgiving this year, my siblings, my mom, and I made our own M & M wreaths.  I think Grandma would have thought that was pretty great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment