Wednesday, October 2, 2013

CD Blessings

      CD Blessings:
Earlier this year I wrote a blog about the positive experience my Mom and I had creating a CD of violin and piano music together.  You can find that blog at http://journalingjennifer.blogspot.com/2013/04/recording-cd.html


Heading out to make the CD!
   I continue to cherish our experience and the finished product!  Todd and I enjoy listening to it together and I have played the CD for my students in my classroom. 
   Another blessing has been seeing the way that our CD has touched our listeners.  I am writing this blog about some of the encouraging words I've had from friends after listening to the CD.  I want to remember and be encouraged years from now by the words of this blog.
   Mom and I both wanted to be able to give copies of our CD to friends and family members.  I love knowing that my nieces and nephews have this piece of their Grandma Iverson and Aunt Jen to save forever!  I enjoyed being able to give CDs to friends all over the globe!  Angie has one in Spain, Carey has one in Thailand, Anette has one in Norway and her parents have one in Germany, Julia has one in Cherkassy, Ukraine and Pastor Pavel and Tamara have one at our Sister Church in Vatutino, Ukraine!  It can be heard in North Dakota by Pauline or in Colorado by Kathy.  Christin could be playing it in Connecticut while Patty could be enjoying it in Wisconsin!  Exciting! 
   Ladies from our church who have my CD have been so encouraging.  Jan Miller wrote to me, "I was sewing this afternoon and listening to the most beautiful music!!  Thanks to you and your mom.  Love it!"
   Virginia Johnson wrote, "Thanks so much for the CD.  It was so peaceful and familiar songs make it special.  Thanks for all you do for BBC and the Lord."
   Vernelle Stoesz wrote two separate times.  She wrote, "First a BIG thank you for the CD.  We simply LOVE it.  I will listen over and over."  She keeps it in her car so she can listen over and over without having to start at the beginning each time.  Later she wrote, "So enjoyed your CD driving to Elk River and back today.  You and your mom are amazing.  Thanks so much for making it and sharing with me."
   My newest friend, Shannon Lunser wrote, "Thank you for the CD - I'm listening to it right now and LOVE it.  It's such beautiful music."
   Linda Strater (who recently lost her Dad) wrote, "I DID receive your beautiful CD and card!  My brother and I just met on Monday night to finish opening cards and memorials from Dad's funeral.  While we did that, I played your incredible music in the background!  I can't thank you enough for this special gift you gave to me.  I listen to it every night as it brings tremendous peace to me."
   Denise Straw, Elizabeth Norgaard, Becky Kollman, Bekki House, and Terri Mason were all given a copy along with Pastor Rob and Caroline (for Pastor Appreciation Month).  I was so happy to be able to give.
   My friend Amy's mom Cindy was given a copy and wrote, "Jen, thank you so much for the CD.  What a treasured memory for you and your mom.  We listened to it tonight.  I especially like your version of "When the Roll is Called Up Yonder."  All beautiful music...such talent."
   I enjoyed being able to give my CD to Amy, Becca, Jess, and Shawrene as they are regular prayer warriors and friends in my life.  Julie, LuAnn, Tasha, and Sheryl hold special spots in my heart too and I'm glad I could give them a piece of my heart through this CD.
   Todd wanted to give a copy to his parents and to a couple named Alfred and Irene Korfe.  Alfred and Irene had a very positive impact on Todd's faith life as he was growing up.  We hope the music will bless them.
    As mentioned earlier, my CD is in Ukraine with my friend, Julia.  She wrote, "The CD is gorgeous.  It has become my morning music which I listen to while getting ready for work."
   Kathy, in Colorado wrote, "Thank you so much for the awesome CD!  I am completely amazed by your playing - it sounds professional!  I love so many of the songs you did too!  The Gift of Love is the same tune as one of the hymns we sang at our wedding, so it was really cool to hear that one."
   Christin, in Connecticut wrote," Thank you for the CD!  It's great!  You and your mom sound wonderful and must have had a good time recording together.  How fun - thanks!
   What a delightful way to share music and share God's love and share the "something special" that mothers and daughters can have when they create music together.  I'm thankful for my Mom and all the years she has spent helping me practice and accompanying me and taking time to play music "just for fun" with me.  I feel blessed! 

Providing music at a wedding in April

No comments:

Post a Comment