Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Intro to The 31 Days of Friends and Family Who Inspire Me

     My favorite blog is by Emily P. Freeman.  She is an author who writes about real life, creativity and art, emotions and grace.  Her writing connects to me on a deep level... as if she knows me.  In October she wrote a series called "31 Artists Who Influence."  Check it out....  
http://www.chattingatthesky.com/31-artists/
     She challenged her readers to write 31 days of something they are passionate about.  Some wrote about how to de-clutter their lives, how to be more engaged with their children, and how to give more grace, etc.  As I read Emily's contributions each day, an excitement rose up in me to write something similar.  I began to think about the people in my life who have influenced me.  It was enjoyable to reflect on these people and I'd find myself creating sentences in my head.  I was ready.  I was full of gratitude for the people God had placed in my life.  I wanted to write about them.  These people have not only influenced me in my past, but they continue to inspire me on a daily basis.  Time to share!
     So, for the month of January, please stop back to my blog and learn about the people who have helped form me into the me I am today.  May these people inspire you too.  May you reflect on your own life and be filled with gratitude for the people God has placed along your path.  It is so refreshing to be reminded anew how faithful God is.  He provides.  He loves.  He is so good.
     Enjoy!  Jennifer Ann  
Jan. 1st - Karin, the friend who led me to the Lord.
Jan. 2nd - Missionary #1, a military wife and foster mom.
Jan. 3rd - Sister-in-law Julia, an artistic soul.
Jan. 4th - Rebecca, a Latin-teacher, college stand partner.
Jan. 5th - Pauline, a Lutheran pastor, college roommate.
Jan. 6th - LuAnn, a 3rd grade teacher, Becker friend.
Jan. 7th - Kimberly, my sister.
Jan. 8th - Yasuko, my Up With People friend.
Jan. 9th - Terri, a church secretary, Sunday School teacher.
Jan. 10th - My Terrific Dad!
Jan. 11th - Caroline, my mentor teacher.
Jan. 12th - David, my brother.
Jan. 13th - Shannon, a Becker friend.
Jan. 14th - My Super Mom!
Jan. 15th - Missionary #2, a friend serving in Asia.
Jan. 16th - Amy, a music teacher, college roommate.
Jan. 17th - Patty, my sister.
Jan. 18th - Nikki, my creative college friend.
Jan. 19th - Kia, my cousin.
Jan. 20th - My Wonderful Husband, Todd!
Jan. 21st - Natasha, a homeschooling mom, farmer, and friend.
Jan. 22nd - Sheryl, a Mountain Lake friend.
Jan. 23rd - Becky, a Becker friend.
Jan. 24th - Missionary #3, a friend serving in Europe.
Jan. 25th - Becca, a woman of God who adopted her two kids.
Jan. 26th - Michelle, a middle school orchestra director.
Jan. 27th - Stephanie, a Hardanger fiddle player, college friend.
Jan. 28th - Shawrene, a preschool teacher, woman of God.
Jan. 29th - Translater Julia, my Ukrainian friend.
Jan. 30th - Jessica, a research librarian.
Jan. 31st - Lynne, my husband's mom.  

2 comments:

  1. Lol. I know why you chose your mom for the 14th..and Amy for the 16th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, Ha! Fun comment! I'm not surprised that YOU know why I chose the dates. Enjoy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete