Tuesday, April 30, 2013

'Tis So Sweet



A missionary penned these words in the 1800s.  The picture above is of my friend 
who is a missionary in the 2000s.  I think she could have written these words too...


'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise; Just to know "Thus saith the Lord."

Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

O how sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me, Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus, Just from sin and self to cease;
 Just from Jesus simply taking Life and rest and joy and peace.

I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee, Precious Jesus, Savior friend;
And I know that Thou art with me, Wilt be with me to the end.

Written by Louisa M. R. Stead (1850-1917)

Psalm 56:11 
In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid.

Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Proverbs 3:5-7 (Message)
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own.  Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track.  Don’t assume that you know it all.  Run to God!

John 14:1-3
Jesus said, "Don't let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, and trust also in me.  There is more than enough room in my Father's home...When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."

Trust.  Do not fear.  Trust.  Be strong.  Trust.  Do not be afraid.  Trust.  God is with you.  Trust.

I love the idea of trust.  
I yearn to trust God fully.  
I want to live a life free from worry and anxiety.  
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.  
He's always been faithful to me. 
He is worthy of my trust.  
God has everything under control. 
Faith = Trust.

"Believing God" Pledge of Faith:
1.  God is who He says He is.
2.  God can do what He says He can do.
3.  I am who God says I am.
4.  I can do all things through Christ.
5.  God's word is alive and active in me. 

Whatever is going on in my life (and yours), God can handle it.  
He is bigger, greater, and stronger than whatever our problems are.  
That includes: 
cancer, 
infertility, 
foreclosures, 
homelessness, 
parenting, 
addictions, 
emotions, 
and dealing with "extra grace required" people! 

God understands our stress.  We need only to rest in His hands.  He provides the peace.    

1 comment: