Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Todd's Old Time Photos

Yup, that's me and that's Todd!  Do we authentically look like we're from the olden days?  Last summer while in Medora, North Dakota, we had the opportunity to pose for this photograph and then of course buy it for a ridiculously large amount.  But, it was worth it.  I have always wanted to be in an old fashioned photograph with my husband!  I've just been waiting for years and years and years to get a husband!  You see, when I was about 8 years old I got to pose for an old fashioned photo with my sisters and aunt.  I look incredibly sad because they told me not to smile, so I sort of frowned!  Then about ten years later I posed in an old fashioned photo with my grandparents and two of my cousins.  That was a fun experience.  But, as I posed for those memorable photos both times, I remember imagining the "someday" when I would be the wife in the photo next to her husband - getting their picture taken together.  As the day approached for our vacation out west, I knew one thing for sure, I did NOT want to be posed in one of those old fashioned saloon girl pictures!  Todd agreed.  His only requirement was that he get to hold a cool gun!  Ta da!  I love this picture!  We have it up in our home and it makes me happy!  By the way, the name of the photo studio in Medora was "Todd's Old Time Photos."  You can't beat that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment