Sunday, May 22, 2016

Graduations, Weddings, and Funerals....oh my!

My 6 year old niece is graduating from Kindergarten!  
My 18 year old nephew is graduating from high school!  
My step-son and his wife are having a baby!  
My former students are graduating and getting married!
I only have 7.5 days of school left before summer break! 
My husband and I have great things planned. 
Life is FULL of exciting events right now!

But, I want it all to slow down.  
I want to breathe deep and savor each thing.  

I just got home from a funeral.
I am full up with emotion.
Sixty two years this couple was married.  
Then she was gone.
I sat directly behind the one left behind.  
It was touching watching him experience the service.
He was so thankful for the years.  
The memories.  
The love.
The pastor spoke eloquently.
My piano playing went smoothly.
God was glorified.
Why do I feel full up with emotion?
62 years still wasn't enough time.  
I want to make the most of every day I have on this earth.
I don't want to waste a moment... 
with my husband, my parents, my loved ones, my friends....
I want to make a difference in the lives of my students.
I want to live life to the fullest and be fully alive.
I want to shine for Jesus.
And savor each moment.
And breathe deep.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment