Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Snow!

 I love snow!  I have always loved snow!  There is nothing quite so glorious as walking along a snowy path with huge, fluffy snowflakes gently falling from the sky and getting caught on your eyelashes.  There is something pure and wholesome and amazing about snow.  One can play in it and not get dirty - just wet.  One can use one's artistic energies and CREATE cool things with snow (snow bunnies anyone?)  One can have make-believe adventures and fabricate whole new worlds with snow.  I loved to just THROW snow in the air and watch it fall, all sparkling and magical and clean!     
 I grew up on the best sledding hill in town!  We lived on the lake, so we could sled from the top of the hill all the way down onto the lake.  Talk about awesome!  When there was freshly fallen snow on the lake, my siblings and I would go write huge messages on the lake by 
 dragging our feet and composing phrases like "Merry Christmas!" for all the world to read.  When I got older I loved snow shoeing and cross country skiing.  Wow, people in Florida are missing out!  Snow is awesome!  One can even make SNOW ICE CREAM!  Yup, that's me and my siblings enjoying some fresh
 (non-yellowed) snow ice cream we had made with Mom.  Delicious!  I have a January birthday, so I basically always have snow on my big day.  I love traditions and it was a tradition to play in the snow on my birthday.  Even my college roommate joined me for a 
winter walk in the snow on my birthday in college.  If one is talking about snow, one simply must also mention ice - and ice skating!  There is nothing like the feeling of flying across the ice on skates.  It's wonderful!  Here is a photo of my second class of second graders (who are now SENIORS!).  I enjoyed my day of ice skating with them (on Valentine's Day) way back in 2002!  Ahhh, memories!  Snow (and ice) can bring people together.  I think we need a little snow!  Anyone else? 

No comments:

Post a Comment