Friday, August 17, 2012

Punky Brewster?

 I loved the Punky Brewster show on T.V.  I was a faithful viewer!  And, sometimes I even dressed up like her!  Now she reminds me of Pippi Longstocking!  Part of what I liked about the show was the adorable golden lab. puppy.  Wow- I wanted a puppy just like that.  His name was Brandon.  He was loveable and sweet and so perfect!  So, I got my own Brandon!  I don't even remember where the stuffed puppy came from, I just remember how much I loved that dog.  Grandpa Alber came to visit and made me a doghouse for Brandon.  He let me help.  I used the saw and cut the   
boards for the roof.  I painted the paneling walls red.  I pounded in the nails.  Grandpa put in carpeting and did all the hard stuff.  Mom made the cardboard sign and wrote "Brandon" in her perfect handwriting.  Later, Patty made me a pillow that she had sown.  She had put "B.I. loves J.I." on it too!  I would play with Brandon for hours.  I found a nightgown that fit him perfectly so I dressed him in that at night.  I found flashcards of the Presidents, so I would put them in his house for him to study.  
     Brandon was the closest thing I ever got to a pet puppy.  But, some wonderful memories were made.  The picture of Brandon and his doghouse was taken just last week on our porch where he has a seat of honor in our home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment