Monday, August 20, 2012

Puppet Louis is a star!

Allow me to introduce you to Louis!  Louis has played many roles.  He began in puppet ministry in Sharon, North Dakota and then was given over to Cornerstone Outreach Group at Concordia College in Moorhead and then he and his best friend Sasha were given 
 to me to use as a teacher or in other ways.  Ahhh, little did they know just how often Louis would be used simply to entertain!  You see, I've had a lot of friends get married through the years and so I've enjoyed providing them with some laughs.  I simply
pretend that Louis is the groom and I am the bride and we sing a very romantic song together.  Actually, we lip sync to the song "My Darling" by Doris Day and Buddy Clark.  We swoon and smooch and have a dramatic good time.  Louis has been Larry, David, Peter, Keith, Zach, and Brian to name just a few.  My dear Todd just saw Louis do his stuff on Friday night.  His response?  "I've seen Jennifer do a lot of things, but nothing quite like this!"  I think he liked it!
    My inspiration?  Sheri Lewis!  I was a huge fan of hers as a child.  I memorized the William Tell Overture words that she created to tell the story.  I knew the names of all her puppets.  In addition to adoring Sheri Lewis, I also LOVED to lip sync.  I would give performances for my parents, my friends, even the video camera in 6th grade (just imagine me lip syncing to Whitney Houston's The Greatest Love of All?).  Ha!  Ha!  Ha! 
   I've also always enjoyed using puppets to play with my nephews and niece and kids I've babysat for.  It's amazing how every child giggles and giggles when Louis pretends to eat his/her hand and then spits it out with a funny sound.  Belly laughs from sweet kids!
   I recently found this photo of me giving a puppet show at my Grandma and Grandpa Iverson's house.  I guess I've always loved puppets!     




No comments:

Post a Comment