Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cousin Kia

Kia and Jennifer with matching dresses!

cousins!!



















Kia Jean is my cousin who grew up in Minnetonka, MN, visited our grandparents for weeks at a time in North Dakota each summer, went to college at Milikin for Musical Theater, got married and moved to California where she is now a Montisouri teacher.  One of my favorite memories of spending days together as cousins includes watching old movies (particularly musicals).  I think we knew every single line of "The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band" and we would act parts of it out.  We knew "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers" inside and out in addition to tons of Disney films like "The Parent Trap," "Summer Magic" and "Babes In Toyland."  When we weren't acting out movies while watching them, we were playing with our dolls together (We both loved Strawberry Shortcakes) or playing Hide and Seek or Colored Eggs.  We liked to go to the nearby park or go skating at the rink across the street.  Dress-up was one of our favorite past times too!  Grandma often had neat crafty activities for us to do.  My favorite was always making things out of bread dough clay.  Kia and I have always had a special bond, much like sisters, but also like friends.  I'm grateful Kia has always been a part of my life.  She is a treasure.   

Kia's wedding day

No comments:

Post a Comment