Sunday, April 3, 2011

Here Comes The Bride

Teddy and I taking our vows

My siblings and I
























Most little girls love playing "Wedding Day."  I was no exception.  In fact, I was lucky!  My grandparents had some friends who had a bridal shop and when it went out of business, three beautiful bridal gowns became our dress-up clothes!  Oh, you can imagine the hours that were spent in those dresses!  Even my brother David had to play "Wedding Day" with us sometimes.  I continued to dream of my wedding day for years and years.  And, I continued to play dress-up with those dresses (even into my high school days!)  Like most girls, I expected to go to college, get my "MRS." degree and live happily ever after.  But, attending a college where there were "3 1/2 girls to every guy" made that rather difficult (especially for that 1/2 a girl!!)  As the years went by and more and more of my friends got married, I created quite the list in my head of things I knew I wanted or didn't want on my wedding day!  Blue bridesmaid dresses and yellow roses were a MUST!  Lots of music was absolutely necessary!  I wanted to walk down the aisle with both my mom and dad, just like my sister Patty had done.  I wanted to walk down the aisle to the same piece my friend Christin walked down the aisle to.  I wanted two sweet little girls to sing "Put On Love" just like I sang at my aunt's wedding when I was a girl.  Most of all I wanted a husband to love and adore for the rest of my life.  I wanted a best friend for life.  I wanted someone to share my life with.  And, God brought him along.  I had to wait until I was 31 before I finally got to walk down the aisle toward the man I love.  But, it was worth it.  God gave me the best gift ever when he gave me Todd Sapp.   
May 3rd, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment