Friday, April 22, 2011

Lynne

Doug and Lynne (Todd's parents)
    Todd Douglas Sapp, my husband, was born to two wonderful parents, Doug and Lynne.  He grew up as an only child in the rural, Minnesota area of Todd County.  He and his parents enjoyed spending time together.  Todd likes to tell about how the three of them would snowmobile together with Dad in front, Todd in the middle, and Mom in the back.  He remembers how his Mom would move things around on the supper table and his Dad and he would move things around too, just to make her laugh.  Lynne adored her son.  She sometimes called him Toad instead of Todd.  They had a great relationship.  Then Lynne got cancer and after putting up a good fight, she died.  
    I wish I could have known her.  I recently asked Todd the question, "If you could spend one day with anyone from the past or the present, who would you choose!"  His reply, "Well, that's easy...my mom!"  At first, I thought my answer was, "Eleanor Roosevelt from the past or Sara Groves from the present."  But, truly, I think I would choose Lynne Sapp too.  I wish I could talk to her and tell her how much I love her son and how thankful to God I am that He gave me Todd to love and share my life with.  Todd says his mom would have liked me.  He thinks we are "kindred spirits."  I like that.  Another reason to look forward to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment