Saturday, January 24, 2015

Missionary #3 (Europe)

Missionary #3 and I were housemates in "The Moose Lodge" for three years
       Missionary #3 inspires me every single day to live my life for God and to see Him at work all around me.  She inspires me to share His love with others and to look for opportunities to be a blessing.  She inspires me to look for humor in situations and find reasons to laugh.     
       Missionary #3 really is a missionary in the literal sense of the word.  She lives in Europe and shares the love of Jesus with the people around her.  She is a hard worker.  She had to raise support before she could go into full-time missions.  My favorite thing to tell people who were considering supporting her?  "You'll get the most bang for your buck with this missionary!"  She makes the most of every opportunity the Lord provides for her.  She is impacting lives and expanding the Kingdom.  I'm so proud of her!  She inspires me to be a missionary right here in Minnesota, where God has placed me.  When she left, it was our prayer that she would "Go Well" and her prayer that we would "Stay Well."  I'm not the only one that Missionary #3 inspires.  She is loved everywhere she goes.  
       Missionary #3 hasn't always lived in Europe.  She grew up in Minnesota.  We have been friends ever since I moved to Becker in 2003.  We were even housemates for about three years.  We called our home "The Moose Lodge" because it had a moose antler light fixture (that she used to tell people I would swing on at night!) and other moose decor.  We had so much fun in that house!  We did a lot of laughing.  Missionary #3 has a way of remembering comments or situations and bringing them back up again at the perfect moment.  A friend of ours describes her as having a "sticky" mind.  
     This missionary also has a "sticky" mind for languages.  She can say, "I've had a meatball stuck in my throat for three weeks" in something like six different languages!  Each country she moves to has been an adjustment for her, but she catches on to the language quickly.  God has gifted her in that area.  She also has an extremely expansive vocabulary in the English language.  She uses words that I don't even know the meaning of!  She inspires me to expand my vocabulary.  Missionary #3 is also the friend who taught me how to say "God Loves You" in Ukrainian.  What a special memory I have of leaning down next to the girl walking beside me, saying those beautiful words, and then watching her eyes light up in understanding.  Missionary #3 made that possible.
     Missionary #3 is a beautiful, educated young lady who reads her Bible regularly, memorizes scripture, prays diligently, wears stylish scarves, leads others in worship, gives of herself, learns from those around her, and trusts in the Lord with a grateful heart.  When something needs to be done, she does it!  She has always been that way.  Serving, giving, loving, caring.  She is an inspiration and a blessing to everyone she meets.  I'm proud to be able to call her my friend.  

1 comment: