Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Mister Wonderful

On vacation together in July

Todd is a Maintenace Technician at RTI Remmele Medical
   I met the man of my dreams in June of 2007.  We got engaged on January 20th, 2008.  Happy Engagement Anniversary, Todd!  We were married in May of 2008.  I could not imagine being more in love with someone. I wish all couples could be as happy together as we are.  In this blog post I want to write about ways that my husband inspires me (after all, this is the "31 Days of Friends and Family Who Inspire Me" project).
    My husband has worked for Remmele RTI Medical for over 25 years.  I am amazed at what he does.  He does maintenance on  big machines that make medical parts.  He sometimes works with the engineers to create more efficient ways for the machines to operate.  He is a very valuable employee because of his knowledge, experience, and organization.  In the time it would take a new employee to look up one piece of information using the computerized manual, Todd could already have found the information in one of the manuals on his desk and be finished fixing the problem.  I also appreciate how professional Todd is.  He has only been late one day in his life (because I accidentally turned off his alarm when dusting it!!!).  He takes pride in his appearance (cotton, button-up shirts are his favorite) and he is pleasant to the people he works with.  I enjoy going into Remmele during Todd's lunch break when I am free.  It's nice getting to know some of the people Todd works with.  He loves the coffee treats I bring him too! 

Christmas 2013 back row:  James, Todd, Daniel
front row:  Jaimee, Jennifer

Todd loves dark roast Caribou Coffee!  
   When I was first getting to know Todd, I was impressed immediately by what a great dad he was and is to his two boys.  He spends quality time with each one and has given them an excellent foundation to build their lives upon.  He has taught them valuable skills that have helped them in their jobs and hobbies. He encourages them and believes in them and prays for them.  They are so blessed to have him for a dad!
   And, Todd is blessed to have a great dad too!  When Todd and I got married, Todd chose his dad to be the 

Todd is a hard worker and loves his tools!
Best Man, which was so very appropriate.  Todd lost his mom to cancer when she was only 52 years old.  I look forward to meeting her in Heaven some day and thanking her for having such a positive influence on her son.  Doug and his wife, Mary Lou, live near Staples on a beautiful piece of land with lovely trails that remind me of a state park.  There is a winding creek through the property and a glacial ridge that gives such nice contour to the land.  Todd grew up there and it holds a special place in his heart.  We love to visit "up north" and go on three-wheeler rides and snow shoe hikes.  But, I think Todd's favorite part is spending time with his Dad.  The two of them enjoy doing a variety of projects together.  In the past, they have done some beautiful woodworking and they have fixed up old John Deere tractors together.  We often go to Antique Tractor Shows and sometimes we bring our own antique tractors, snowmobiles, lawn tractors, and engines to put on display. 
Todd is proud to be a graduate of Bertha-Hewitt High School
We're dressed up for a "Back to the '80s Night"

A typical load when we go to antique tractor shows
   When not spending time with his dad or his boys or me, Todd loves to work on projects.  He never ceases to amaze me with all the things he can create, figure out, fix, build, and accomplish!  He has always been a very ambitious person and I admire that in him.  I appreciate all that he does to keep our home and yard and vehicles looking nice.  And, he's not afraid to pop in a load of laundry or chop up a heap of vegetables to help me out either.
    Being a musician myself, I always hoped I would marry a 
Todd with his dad, Doug
Ready for anything!
musician.  And, I did!  Todd plays trumpet and he sings.  We sang together on worship team at our church for many years.  I enjoyed that.  Whenever I play piano for the hymns at church, Todd plays along with his trumpet.  It adds so much to the service.  I am so glad we can do that together.
    Todd and I love to travel together.  We have a pickup camper and have put plenty of happy miles on it.  We love to see the sights, hike the trails, and experience new things.  In Canada we've explored Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Winnipeg, Banff, Jasper and Victoria.  On the west coast of the states we've traveled across Washington, Oregon, and California.  We've spent time in the mountains of Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming.  And, we love to do short trips throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota.  It is our dream to make it to Alaska some day.  I appreciate Todd's passion for travel.  We always have a great time together.
    My husband inspires me every day to be the best me I can be.  He encourages me and helps me in so many ways that a simple blog post cannot express.  He is my best friend and I appreciate every day the Lord gives me to spend with him.        

We love to travel in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment