Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Shannon

Shannon and daughter, Chloe
Working in the nursery together
Shannon is my newest friend.  We have attended the same church for years, but didn't connect until last fall when our mutual friend, Angie suggested we should be friends!  So, when there was an opening in the church nursery for a second helper for the Sunday School hour, I jumped at the chance!  I got to spend an hour each Sunday with Shannon...and some stinkin' adorable kids!  Each week as we played with the kids, we also talked.  We had some great conversations and our friendship grew.  We seemed to never run out of things to talk about.  We both have a passion for kids and education.  Shannon home schools her kids and I teach in the public school.  We both desire to live natural, healthy lives in the foods we eat and the products we use.  Shannon was the first person I knew who owned a juicer.  We both love travel and photos, in fact, after two of my vacations, Shannon has come over to my house to look at the hundreds of photos I took!  We both want to grow closer to the Lord.  To encourage each other, we have memorized Bible verses together.  When she went on a mission trip to Haiti, I prayed her there and back and everywhere in between.  Shannon has prayed for me on numerous occasions as well.  I can always count on her to be a prayer warrior!                
     Shannon is very real.  We can share how we feel about things and not have to sugarcoat anything.  Life is full of joys and struggles, but God is always there...listening.  He cares.  And, I have found that Shannon cares too.  I can share with her little things that bug me and big things that bring me to tears, and she listens and understands and cares.  And so, Shannon inspires me to be more real with the people in my life.  She is definitely someone worthy of my "31 Days of Friends and Family Who Inspire Me" series!  I'm thankful the Lord orchestrated this friendship.
Shannon with her kids...
   To learn more about the "31 Days of Friends and Family Who Inspire Me" project, click here:  http://journalingjennifer.blogspot.com/2014/12/intro-to-31-days-of-friends-and-family.html           

No comments:

Post a Comment