Tuesday, January 6, 2015

LuAnn

Jennifer and LuAnn on a Maple Grove shopping trip
     I have a friend named LuAnn.  She was one of my first friends in Becker.  When I left my friends at my small Christian school in southern Minnesota, I prayed that God would provide me with friends in my new public school in central Minnesota.  And, just as he has proven himself faithful over and over again, God was faithful to provide such friends.  LuAnn's third grade classroom was next door to my third grade classroom back in 2003.  
     Each day after school, we had great conversations about the joys and struggles of teaching, our busy everyday lives, and our ever- growing faith in God.  After that one year at the Intermediate School, I moved across the parking lot to the Primary School to teach second grade.  I have been there ever since.  I miss seeing my friend at school, but we stay caught up through phone conversations, walks, and fun outings together.
    For quite a few years LuAnn and I attended the Women of Faith conference together in Minneapolis.  We listened to fabulous speakers and worshipped with talented musicians.  It was always an inspirational time and I'm so glad I got to share that experience with a good friend.  We don't attend the conference any more, but we often exchange books by Christian authors with each other and talk about how we see God at work in our lives.            
Jennifer and LuAnn at Women of Faith
     LuAnn and I like to take shopping trips together.  Craft stores are our favorites because we both love creating art.  We enjoy shopping for other things too.  One time we were on the lookout for lemon decorations for LuAnn's kitchen.  That was fun!  Another time we were searching for the perfect presents for our husbands.  We once bought matching denim skirts from Eddie Bauer.  Who can resist a good sale?  Our latest adventure brought us to the world of Whole Foods.    
     We also both enjoy walking.  We can often be seen walking the school hallways in the afternoons or evenings.  The positive endorphins are good for our brains.  But, the best part is getting to spend time together in conversation.  LuAnn always encourages me.  We never run out of things to talk about!
     LuAnn has a beautiful family.  Some of my favorite memories of her kids include Angela's 12th birthday party at the Mall of America, listening to them play piano, pool parties and horse rides (when my nephews were visiting).  LuAnn and Dan have a beautiful, welcoming home.  
The Kaspers
     LuAnn inspires me to be the best me I can be.  Faith, Family, and Friends... that is what is most important to her.  When I find myself losing sight of priorities in life, LuAnn inspires me to step back and remember that Faith, Family, and Friends are what it's all about.  When I start to worry about the future, LuAnn reminds me that God is in control and wants His best for me.  So, if I lose my job (for example) then God must be using that opportunity to bring me to something better.  Nothing happens by accident.  God has His children in the palm of His hand.  I'm thankful God gave me LuAnn for a friend.  

To learn more about the "31 Days of Friends and Family Who Inspire Me" project, click here:

No comments:

Post a Comment