Sunday, January 11, 2015

Caroline

Caroline and me at my wedding shower

My mentor teacher and me on Tacky Day!
     When I came to Becker in 2003, Caroline was one of the first people I met.  In fact, she was one of three people who interviewed me for the position of third grade teacher.  She believed in me and then hired me!  She and her husband (Pastor Rob) were a tremendous help in getting me moved into my classroom.  Caroline kept on giving and giving.  She became my mentor teacher.  She was the most supportive and helpful mentor a new teacher could have!
     Not only did Caroline help me get settled into my new teaching position, she also helped me get involved in my new church.  She let me sit by her week after week at the morning service.  She introduced me to people and made me feel so welcome.  It was such a blessing to have a friend!  She took interest in my life and my faith.  I get overwhelmed with gratitude when I think about how helpful and kind she was to me during that time in my life.
     Caroline is a woman of God with wisdom and depth.  I admire her so much.  She has listened to me and given me council on numerous occasions over the years.  We have prayed together and laughed together.  She has taken me under her wing as one of her "extra daughters" at times.  She and her family have helped me celebrate my birthday.  The year I turned 30 they made me a poster with 30 words on it that described me.  It was so encouraging!  One summer, I went to Ukraine with Caroline's two daughters and our mutual friend, Angie.  Caroline and Pastor Rob prayed for all four of us throughout that experience.  I could feel their prayers.
     When Todd and I began dating, Caroline was one of the first people with whom I shared the exciting news.  She stood by me in the entryway of her home and prayed over me.  She prayed for Todd and me again at our wedding ceremony.  She and Pastor Rob have been such a support to Todd and me during these first seven years of marriage.  They have touched our hearts.
     When I decided to do my "31 Days of Friends and Family Who Inspire me" project, I knew I had to include Caroline.  She inspires me to be the best me I can be.  She has always believed in me, so she helps me to believe in myself.  May I grow to be a wise, caring woman of God touching the hearts and lives of others...just like Caroline!     

Pastor Rob, Caroline, Jennifer, Todd (2008)
The Olsens
To learn more about the "31 Days of Friends and Family Who Inspire Me" project, click here:
http://journalingjennifer.blogspot.com/2014/12/intro-to-31-days-of-friends-and-family.html

No comments:

Post a Comment